Saturday, May 9, 2009

honeycomb


you know what I think is funny? how when people see you reading your bible they get all freaked out..as thought they don't know how to respond. for example on my break it was absolutely beautiful outside so I decided to stroll on outside for a little scripture reading and as I was reading two guys walked by and they were talking loud so I glimpsed up at them. They looked down only to see golden pages and quickly looked away and lowered their voices. I think it may be because they felt a sense of awkwardness..for some apparent reason? who knows. but that was and has been my observation for several years with public scripture reading.

Anywho, as I was reading I came across the verse found in Proverbs 16: 24 and I stopped and read it over and over again. The words I guess just lifted me up because they are so beautiful.
'Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.'

It stopped me in my readings I think also because lately at work I feel as though there's been a lot of tension. Everywhere I go I hear a complaint about somebody else or something that's not going right in the store it's a bit frustrating at times and I've been trying my best to keep away from I guess you could say "drama" that arouses throughout our store. As I read this verse continuously, I felt convicted and gush of feelings I had. So I was thinking and praying for a brief moment I decided to not stay away from this situation but instead encourage people at work and let them know they are appreciated. this verse is sick. cool GOd thanks for that.

Now for a quick little story. Earlier, after my psychology class I went home and was getting ready for work. As I was just chugging along around my house I tripped over our dog by accident. (honestly I don't even know where she came from. she popped up out of no where. WHATEVA) in doing so I dramatically fell diving into our kitchen chairs and abruptly hear a, 'RIPPP'. ok really? I ripped a hole in my pants and It was 1:40 and I had to be at work around 2 (it takes 15 minutes). ALRIGHT here's to yet another clumsy occurrence in my life. Sometimes, I think God looks at situations like these and just laughs. it was pretty funny though I guess if you like that sort of thing. Anyway, so after that traumatic experience I came to the conclusion that all I had time to do was to staple my pants together. So, I go over to my good ol' stapler friend and stapled my pants (which are btw the only work pants I own)back together...and that is that. Except one of the staplers became loose and left a scratch in the side of my thighs. i'm over it because now I have a legit scratch..so that's cool like apple sauce. peace out homies.

No comments:

Post a Comment